- Hold the settings key and the up arrow key at the same time for five seconds and let go, you will see two houses and a tap
- Press the tick key again you will see the house
- Press the up arrow key until you see a house and a tap
- Press the tick key until you get back to the normal screen the tap symbol will then be on your device.
Hold the tick and return key at the same time for five seconds, the lock symbol will disappear.
The iT500 plus app.
Not at the moment but this is in testing, so should be available in the near future.
My iT500 plus app is asking for an update but when I press ok to update it doesn’t work. How can I solve this?
- Log out of the app
- Take the battery’s out of the thermostat for two mins
- Put the battery’s back in the thermostat
- Put the thermostat close to the gateway
- Log back into the app and do the update again, it should now go through.
If you want to exit the gateway press the gateway button for ten seconds, it will then flash five times then stop. This will exit the gateway.
Red light = Offline
Green light = Online
- Log out of the app
- Take the battery’s out of the thermostat
- Leave the gateway in the router but turn the gateway off at the mains
- Go to the receiver and hold the sync button in for five seconds, then let go
- Put the battery’s back in the device
- Hold the return key and the cog key at the same time for five seconds, you will see a Wi-Fi symbol, press the tick key and let go – you will see the number ten
- Turn the gateway back on at the mains
- Wait for the ten minute count down on the device when screen goes back to normal
- Log back in to the app
- Turn the power off to the boiler for five seconds then turn it back on – the orange light will disappear
- Hold the sync button in on the receiver for five seconds and let go
- On the thermostat, hold down the return key and settings key for five seconds, then let go you – will see a Wi-Fi symbol and a globe
- Press the tick key then let go you – will see the number 10 ten – this means your device is counting down for ten minutes – after this your device will be out of fail-safe mode.
You need to call us with the device code, which is situated behind the batteries of the thermostat so we can delete the registration for you
Log out of the app and reboot the gateway by taking the gateway out of the router for two mins. Put the gateway back into the router and wait for the solid green light to appear , then log back in.
Yes, most functions can be operated from the iT500 unit.
Check that the iT500 is in AUTO mode, ‘AUTO’ should be visible at the bottom right on display. If showing ‘OFF’ press the TICK and SETTINGS buttons, then use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to change OFF to AUTO then TICK to confirm.
If you have an iPhone, please search for iT500 on the App store, if you have an Android; search for iT500 on Google play.
- Check you received your confirmation email from SALUS and clicked on it.
- Check you entered the correct email and password as used on registration.
- Ensure you added your device STA number which is located in the battery compartment of the iT500.You should see an image of your device after log-in, click on it to access.
A flashing Blue light is normal indication that the iT500 thermostat is asking for heat and the boiler should be on.
The App says my iT500 is OFFLINE and my iT500 does not have the internet globe indicator on the screen, why is this?
Check that you have the power supply turned ON to the gateway and it has a steady green light showing.
The green light indicates you are connected to the SALUS server.
- If you have all the above, remove a battery from the iT500 and replace after 10 seconds. This will reboot the iT500 andbring you back online.
Please run the update available on your account, this will automatically correct this.
BT Hub 5 uses ports 3 and 4.
Check that the screen lock is not active. If active, there will be a padlock visible in the top of the LCD. Disable by pressing and holding top two left keys on the iT500.
It lets you control the iT500 remotely over the Internet. You have full remote access to your heating control giving both temporary and program changes.
I’ve tried doing the software upgrade (Green Button appeared on the iT500 web page) but it failed...
- Check the gateway is plugged into the router and it has a green light.
- Position the iT500 within 1 meter of the SALUS Gateway unit.
- If you receive the message ‘Failed’ please try running the OTA again.(Due to internet speed this may take several attempts).
- Check that the top slide switch on the receiver unit is in the AUTO position.
- Perform a quick installation check by putting the top slide switch to Manual position, and the bottomslide switch to CH.
- The boiler should fire, if not the iT500 receiver may be wired incorrectly. Please contact your installer.
- A flashing Yellow light is fault indication. The iT500 receiver unit has lost communication with the thermostat. Check the thermostat distance from its receiver, and check for major metalwork in its communication path (such as fridge/freezers). Reposition the thermostat to improve communication.
- Once it establishes communication again the fault will clear automatically.
The gateway must be connected to a network that has DHCP enabled, it must be connected to a network that has the firewall ports 80 (UDP/TCP) and 2165 (TCP) open. (You may need to contact your internet provider to assist you changing your router settings).
Have you paired the thermostat with the receiver, please see page 15 in the installer manual on how to do this.
We have an alternate web address that you can still have full access to your iT500 account.
(Please also note that if your Internet is temporarily down your iT500 will still continue to work as it should).